Posts Tagged ‘San Francisco’
Places, People, & Things I’ll Miss When I Move from the Bay
(All with the assumption, that I’m not moving OUT of state)
- The Presidio of San Francisco (Fort Point, Chrissy Field, Baker Beach, Marshall Beach)
- Bridges! The Bay Bridge and GG
- Berkeley (the food, the sports)
- Photohunting on Stanford Campus
- My Albany girls: Irene, Elaine, Tiff, Joanne (kinda…you’ll probably be in LA!)
- …And the rest of the group: Grace, JWang, Aaron, Shay, John
- being one cubicle away from Geoff
- Concerts at The Fillmore
- SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS HOME GAMES and AT&T Park
- San Francisco 49ers (AJ Jenkins!!! #illini :D)
- San Jose Sharks games at the Tank
- Seriously, just being in a city where all your favorite sports teams are. I left the Bay the first time around not liking sports as much as when I came back. And there’s NOTHING better than being surrounded by fellow fans. Bulls were the only Chicago team I loved and I’m not entirely sure how I’m going to adjust leaving NorCal, but at least I’ll only be a drive away. :)
- My awesomely designed room and bathroom
- Eric Bourman’s ballet classes at Pacific Ballet Academy
- Living ten minutes away from Chinese food (ugh. LA traffic, I will not like you)
- Driving on 280 (especially Palo Alto and north)
- Living with my parents. Love getting to actually spend time with them and talk to them whenever I want
- Mrs. Chai’s haircuts
- Adapt Clothing
- Apple ?
Hmm, did not think that my SF list would be so much short than my Illinois one. Then again, I’ve only lived back here for a little over a year and I’ve already spent six years getting used to not missing CA so much.
I think there a lot less things holding me back this time than when I had to move to Illinois. I was also a lot younger and I’ve already picked myself up and moved from NorCal to Illinois and then to HK already so what’s another move right? I’m just no longer looking for the whole “move-for-two-years” thing. It kinda makes establishing your life hard. And I think it makes other people equally frustrated when you can’t give them a definite answer on if you’re staying, if you’re going, if you’re really going when you keep saying it for over a year. haha. So that rules out moving to NYC. I LOVE NYC, but it’s never going to be a place I can actually see myself settling down in. I’d be 80% more likely to move back to Chicago than to NYC. I used to think I could settle down outside of California, but the longer and longer I’m staying here, I know that’s not true. It’s the culture and the cities that I’ve always loved. Everyone told me I was crazy for choosing to go to Illinois, and I can see why, but I’m still very glad I chose to go to Illinois and I know I’m choosing to stay in California not because it’s the only place I’ve ever really known, but because it is where I want to end up.
*Journey – “Lights”
For all the surprises the L decided to throw my way on my adventure to Midway, it was surprisingly one of my most enjoyable flights to date. Smooth ride. Smooth landing. Bliss.
I got my haircut at Mitri today by Tony, and let me tell you. I have NEVER. EVER. been this pleased with my cut, ever. I got my bangs back AND I got an edgier layer on the bottom (without anymore split ends!) LOVES IT. $50 price tag and all.
How interesting wold it have been if I had kept this [written journal] from Freshman year… and seeing how far I’ve come from then. I used to be so sure that I’d win the bet, yeah. Not so sure anymore. I’m really not even sure if I won’t lose by the end of this year or not.
Hanging out in Chicago kinda makes me really miss the city. Don’t get me wrong, I’m in LOVE with Northern California, and I’ll always feel SO at home here, but Chicago has SO much character that I just want to explore it like I’ve explored San Francisco by now.
I was also looking at my New Year’s Resolutions and I’m really not doing so hot on them so far. I’ve got ONE done, and I’m sure some will never happen.
I’m going to see the LOVES OF MY LIFE tomorrow and I’m hella excited!